Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Introduction

Hello friends, mom, other family, and random strangers, and welcome to Wicked Style, a blog to catalog my adventures in Japan this summer.

To lay the background, my name is Christy and I've just finished my sophomore year at Harvard, where I'm majoring in East Asian Studies (focusing on modern Japanese literature). I've been into all things Japanese since I was about 11, and this summer am finally getting to go to Japan. The reason? I got the internship of a lifetime - working for the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) to promote the Tokyo Collection at Japan Fashion Week. I leave for Japan this Friday, after which I will spend two weeks touring the country, then return to Tokyo to work until Japan Fashion Week in September. Here you will be able to follow along as I attempt to visit every temple/castle in Japan before my rail pass expires, try to stretch my grant money as far as possible, and convince my clientele that Japan is, in fact, SO hot right now.

That's all for now, I'll write again once my plane lands. ^_^

No comments: